The Purpose of this post is to ALERT you that the job you are about to apply for or may have applied FOR or is CONSIDERING APPLYING FOR is FRAUDULENT. The identities of an individual or a business entity have been stolen along with fund from their bank accounts.
These job postings are an attempt to lure you into accepting and cashing counterfeit checks into your bank accounts. You are being recruited to wire transfer these funds via WESTERN UNION or MONEYGRAM from your bank into a DOMESTIC BANK or OFFSHORE BANK ACCOUNT.
Essentially You Become A Money or Repackage Mule
- Money Mule Explained
- Understanding The Cyber Theft Ring
- Protecting Yourself Against Money Mule
- KrebsOnSecurity – Cyberheist
- Washingtonpost.com by Brian Krebs
- Interview With A Money Mule
- Bobbear.co.UK ~ Historical Money Mule Sites
Accounting Specialist – Remote
Job Title: Accounting Specialist — Fiscal
Operations Department: Finance
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor FLSA
EEOC Job Code: ASE: No
We are a social change platform and we pursue multiple, related strategies to promote this mission.
From green nonprofit centers to programmatic consulting, donor advised funds to fiscal sponsorship,
grants management to risk management and more.
The Accounting Specialist, under the direction of the Accounting Specialist II, is responsible for the
timely and accurate delivery of cash receipts services on a daily basis for fiscal operations.
The Accounting Specialist is a non-exempt position. Non-exempt employees work a standard 40 hour work week. Time worked beyond 40 hours at manager’s discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs all duties related to the processing of cash receipts which includes, coding, depositing, data entry, and proofing daily cash receipts, performing account reconciliations, monitoring and processing exceptions and corrections to revenue fees, incoming wires and credit card charges.
• Review, research, and resolve revenue, accounts receivable, and cash receipt transaction issues.
• Understand and implement accounting procedures according to GAAP (Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles), and in compliance with all laws, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted standards and best practices applicable to the organization.
• Assists in the preparation of schedules for annual and other external audits
• Participates in cross departmental and cross organizational teams, projects and planning activities as needed
• Participates in the implementation and improvement of workflows that facilitate efficient operation and financial management of the organization.
• Other duties, or projects, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong analytical and accounting skills. Must be able to identify, analyze, and problem-solve accounting or compliance issues within a deadline-oriented environment.
• Intermediate level Word, Excel, and Outlook skills.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) concepts and procedures utilized in a nonprofit environment as well as nonprofit-specific regulations, both federal and local, is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to cooperate and work collaboratively with internal and external clients.
• Meticulous and detail-oriented.
• The position requires the ability to work independently within a fast-paced, task-directed, deadline oriented environment. Time management and organizational skills are essential.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting preferred, or a Business Administration or Economics degree with an emphasis in accounting or equivalent years of related work experience
• + years of experience in a similar position
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION. You will be working from a home office and require high speed internet access. You will be required to have daily video conferencing and expect to be called into the office 3-4 times per month. You will be provided access to company systems and sensitive data and for this reason, it is required that we do a background & thorough financial review.
$68,750-$85,384 Depending on Experience
Medical/Dental 401K, days vacation, sick days, personal days
60 day Probationary Period
Your resume MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST IN
WORKING US AND WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS JOB.
Location: Greater Los Angeles
Compensation: $68,750-$85,384 (DOE)
Telecommuting is ok.
This is at a non-profit organization.
Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4347644772
posted: 4 hours ago
updated: 4 hours ago