Senior Accountant (LA Area)
Date: 2012-07-09, 8:38AM PDT
Reply to: email@example.com [Errors when replying to ads?]
Early Growth Financial Services ( http://earlygrowthfinancialservices.com/ ) provides finance and administrative support to early stage companies within the
technology industry. We are interested in adding additional members to our team. The position would
initially require 10-30 hours a week and would increase over time. The team member would
remotely for part of their time and at different client sites for part of the time. Our clients are primarily
located between San Francisco and San Jose.
– Administer payroll.
– Responsible for accounts payable transactions.
– Monthly bank reconciliations and treasury management.
– Monthly close package including accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, depreciation schedules
and fixed asset roll-forwards.
– Monthly financial statements and management reports as needed.
– Work with employee benefit broker to administer employee benefits.
– Maintain the chart of accounts.
– Manage the general ledger and post all journal entries.
– Support outside auditors, tax preparers and valuation teams.
– STRONG preference for tech and start-up experience
-Contract/consulting accounting experience preferred
– Five to ten years of accounting / bookkeeping experience.
– Strong understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting.
– Proficient in Quickbooks and Quickbooks online. Experience with Great Plains, Soloman and
other ERP systems a plus.
– Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
– Experience working with ADP or Paychex or other payroll system.
– Experience interacting with senior level management.
– To the extent that the candidate is a 1099 or LLC is a major plus.
– Must be self directed and able to work independently.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION.
Location: LA Area
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.